Landscape lighting adds beauty and functionality to homes in Sarasota, FL and neighboring cities.
Custom landscape lighting highlights focal points of stunning features on your property. While also adding additional safety by lighting walkways.
One of the many benefits of living in Sarasota, Siesta Key, Longboat Key, and surrounding Florida areas, is enjoying a beautifully landscaped property year-round. Adding landscape lighting can showcase the stunning features of your property 24 hours a day. Outdoor lights add many benefits and functionality to home and business safety and security.
At Tropical Gardens Landscape, we are experts at designing and installing architectural lighting. Our team can install outdoor lighting that does everything from illuminating pathways to spotlighting ponds, trees, and other landscape features.
Our team creates landscape lighting designs that showcase the beauty of your property.
Part of the appeal of landscape lighting is its dramatic effect. Our design team won't blast your property with high-beam lights. Instead, we artfully install outdoor lighting designed to showcase landscape features rather than the standard high beam lights that illuminate the entryway.
Some areas that can benefit from outdoor lighting include:
- Showcase special features on your property: Architectural lighting can softly draw attention to specific elements, like a shimmering fountain or pond.
- Produce a dramatic effect: Landscape lighting can highlight structures that might not stand out during the day, like a stone wall or towering tree.
- Offer safety and security: Pathway lighting will help you navigate a dark lawn, and a well-lit property is a deterrent to trespassers and thieves.
We use many different types of architectural lighting to illuminate your property throughout the evening.
There are many types of outdoor lighting. We will design the right lighting depending on the desired function and effect.
Some common types of architectural lighting include:
- Spotlights and floodlights: Spotlights are narrow light beams used to showcase specific landscape or building features. Floodlights produce broader beams that often are used for safety and security, like illuminating a driveway.
- Inground lighting: Also known as well light, it usually is a circular fixture installed in the ground. It produces an up-light that delivers a dramatic effect by silhouetting tall structures like trees, buildings, and statues. They also are used to light paths, sidewalks, and driveways.
- Post lights: Primarily used for pathways and to illuminate small areas of a landscape, these provide softer lighting than spotlights and inground lighting. Post lights are beautiful architectural structures themselves that provide light several feet above the ground. They are designed to give both light and beauty to the landscape.
- Path lights: Smaller in height than post lights, path lights are designed specifically to make it easier to see a path or driveway. Usually, they use down-lighting to help people navigate the landscape in the dark.
Other popular types of outdoor lighting include:
- Accent lights for deck steps
- Underwater lights for ponds and fountains
- Hardscape lights to showcase statues and architectural structures
There are several techniques our landscape designers use to highlight focal areas of your property.
We work with premier lighting manufacturers to select and install the highest quality landscape lighting. Most customers prefer LED lights because they are longer lasting and easier to maintain than traditional light bulbs. Our landscape light designers will help you explore the various landscape lighting effects, including:
- Uplighting is used to accent landscape features
- Silhouetting is used to highlight towering structures dramatically
- Shadowing to produce an artful display against a wall
- Moonlighting that provides a wash of light from a treetop
- Grazing to highlight a flat surface
- Washing to provide a well-lit space across a wide area
Contact us for landscape lighting design and installation.
In addition to increasing the beauty and safety of your home, realtors say that well-designed landscape lighting can increase the value of your property considerably. Tropical Gardens Landscape is the leading landscape lighting company in Sarasota, Siesta Key, Longboat Key, and surrounding Florida areas. Contact us at (941) 993-2442 to learn how to make your property a more stunning and secure environment through outdoor landscape lighting installation.